As we grow old, our skin starts to show signs of aging. It starts losing its natural elasticity, which leads to sagging. Sagging of skin is a natural process and is irreversible, but it can be reduced and delayed. Often, people opt for cosmetic surgeries that are very costly and have side effects. Fortunately, there are some home remedies to tighten skin. They are simple and easy and also work effectively to reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
Before we delve into the various home remedies, let us understand the reasons your skin become loose and saggy.
What Causes The Skin To Become Loose And Saggy?
Sagging skin is one of the main signs of aging and is most prominently seen on the face. Wrinkles and furrows are the first signs you see as you age. Slowly, your skin starts to sag from your cheeks, nose, chin, neck, arms, and other places on your body. The main causes of this are as follows:
- With age, the collagen synthesis in the skin becomes slower, causing the skin to lose its elasticity and sag.
- The connective tissue in the skin that supports various cartilages and bones weakens with age.
- The fat that was once evenly distributed beneath the skin and holding it up starts to lose volume and forms clumps. These clumps begin to sag due to gravity.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight damages the collagen and elastin in the skin, causing them to unravel and make the skin saggy. Cigarette smoke and air pollution are other factors that can fasten the process of wrinkle formation and sagging skin.
- Rapid weight loss and pregnancy can also cause sagging skin.
Thus, both intrinsic and extrinsic factors play a role in causing your skin to become loose and saggy (1, 2, 3). Let us take a look at the home remedies that you can use to firm up and tighten your skin.
Effective Solutions To Tighten Sagging Skin
1. Skin Tightening Oils
(a) Coconut Oil For Skin Tightening
You Will Need
Virgin coconut oil
What You Have To Do
1. Massage the oil in upward circular motions on the affected area.
2. Keep massaging for five to 10 minutes.
3. Leave the oil on overnight.
How Often You Should Do This
Do this every night before going to bed.
Please continue the article on next page