Coconut oil might just be the most versatile health food on the planet. Not only is it my favorite cooking oil, but coconut oil uses are numerous and can extend to being a form of natural medicine, be used for natural beauty treatments and so much more.
The coconut tree is considered the “tree of life” in much of Southeast Asia, India, the Philippines, and other tropical locations. And today, there are over 1,500 studies proving the health benefits of coconut oil.
Some of the top coconut oil benefits include:
- Balances Hormones
- Kills Candida
- Improves Digestion
- Moisturizes Skin
- Reduces Cellulite
- Decreases Wrinkles and Age Spots
- Balances Blood Sugar and Improve Energy
- Improves Alzheimer’s
- Increases HDL and Lower LDL Cholesterol
- Burns Fat
If you’re ready to take your health to the next level, try these 73 coconut oil uses and cures!
73 Creative Coconut Oil Uses
These coconut oil uses are broken into 4 categories: Food Uses, Body and Skin Care, Household, and Natural Medicine.
Coconut Oil Food Uses
1. Cooking at High Heat (Sauteing and Frying) – Coconut oil is great for cooking at a high heat because of its high smoke point. Many other oils like olive oil can oxidize when heated but because coconut oil is made up of healthy saturated fats it remains stable under high temperatures.
2. “Buttering Your Toast” – For breakfast in the morning, try spreading coconut oil on your sprouted grain bread, instead of conventional butter. The slight coconut flavor, more pronounced in the unrefined coconut oils, lends a lovely aroma and taste to your toast.
3. Natural Energy Booster – The medium chain triglycerides in coconut oil, when partnered with chia seeds, will give you an energy boost when you need a mid-afternoon pickup, or after a strenuous workout. Chia seeds are known to boost performance, and endurance while the coconut oil aids in digestion and metabolizing of the chia seeds. Mix 1 tablespoon coconut oil with ½ tablespoon of chia seeds, and enjoy from the spoon, or spread on sprouted grain bread.
Please continue the article on next page