Brazilian Butt Lift 5-Minute Workout
Lift and tone your butt in five minutes with these exercises. Brazilian women are famous for their gorgeous bodies, but you don’t have to go to Rio to get a beautiful butt. Brazilian native Leandro Carvalho brings his sculpting secrets stateside with the Brazilian Butt Lift class at Equinox Fitness Clubs in New York City. Try his five-minute routine today to shift your rear into high gear.
Brazilian Butt Lift Plie
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, arms at sides, toes turned out.
- Tuck tailbone under and contract glutes.
- Lower body into a pli? squat as low as you can go without allowing knees to creep past toes.
- Simultaneously raise arms to shoulder height in front of body, palms down. Hold for 2 seconds, then return to starting position.
- After 20 reps, pulse at the bottom for 20 seconds.
Brazilian Butt Lift Touchdown
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, toes pointed forward.
- Squat down until knees are bent 90 degrees.
- Step left leg back into a deep reverse lunge, placing right hand along outside of right thigh or touching the floor.
- Raise left hand in front of face, palm facing out.
- Return to starting position and repeat, alternating sides.
Brazilian Butt Lift Explosive Lunge
- Lunge forward with left leg until knee is bent 90 degrees, directly over ankle, right knee pointing toward floor.
- Jump up, pushing off the floor with both feet. Switch legs in midair, landing with right foot forward in a lunge. Continue, alternating sides.
Brazilian Butt Lift Lateral Sliding Squat with Towel
- Stand with feet together, toes pointed forward, arms at sides with right foot on top of a small folded towel.
- Shifting weight to left leg, bend left knee 45 to 90 degrees while sliding right leg and towel slowly out to the side as far as is comfortable for a count of 4.
- Slowly draw right leg back to start for a count of 4 while straightening left leg.
- Repeat for 30 seconds; switch sides.
Brazilian Butt Lift Squat with Kick-Back
- Stand with legs shoulder-width apart, arms at sides.
- Sit back into a squat keeping weight on heels, then lift right leg straight behind you, keeping hips pointing forward while extending arms.
- Return to start and switch sides.