Breast Cancer Symptoms
Breast cancer has become a global problem. In recent years, it’s become the most common cancer among women worldwide. As you’ll see below, judging by the numbers, breast cancer is a dangerous threat we can’t ignore anymore. Hundreds of thousands of women are affected every year. Breast cancer is usually noticeable by a lump in the breasts. At that point, you can be sure that something bad is happening there. But if you notice the early symptoms, you have a much better chance of stopping cancer.
One of the biggest problems with breast cancer is late detection. Many organizations advocate for early detection and diagnosis by trying to raise awareness. That being said, we will list some of the early breast cancer signs, along with some of the later signs. If you have any of the signs, do not ignore them. Instead, schedule a visit to the doctor.
Breast cancer numbers
To give you an idea of how common breast cancer is, here are some of the numbers. Yes, they sound terrifying.
- One in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer once in her life.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- According to estimates, 246,660 women in the U.S. are diagnosed with breast cancer every year. Of them, more than 40,000 lose their life.
- It’s rare, but men are diagnosed with breast cancer as well. The numbers show more than 2,600 men are diagnosed with breast cancer each year. Of them, more than 400 lose their life.
- Every 13 minutes, a woman dies due to breast cancer.
- Every 2 minutes, a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Currently, there are almost 3 million breast cancer survivors living in the United States.
In order to be one of the survivors, you need to look for the early signs of breast cancer.